This weekend, I got my hands on the book “Eat this Not that”, which claims to be a no diet weight-loss solution. Basically it shows you page by page, what a sensible menu option is and what the least sensible is, for many of the popular food chains, both fast food and sit down. Regardless of whether it can be considered a diet that will help you lose weight, it proves for an incredibly interesting read. I dont want to review the book, I just wanted to share some of the most interesting facts I have read thus far. Below the facts, I have included a diagram of your recommended daily intake. Enjoy (or behold in horror).
1. Chili’s Awesome Blossom appetizer (basically their take on onion rings and dip) has 2,710 calories, 203g of fat and 6,360mg of sodium.
2. Chick-fil-A is the best fast food restaurant. No sandwich is over 500 calories
3. Domino’s Cheesy Bread with Garlic Dipping Sauce has 1,560 calories, 105g of fat and 1,510mg of sodium (thats a SIDE ORDER…forget the pizza you order with it…)
4. A ham egg and cheese english muffin sandwich from Dunkin Donuts is better for you than a multigrain bagel with lite cream cheese
5. The Peanut Butter Moo’d smoothie from Jamba Juice has more sugar than 2 pints of Ben and Jerry’s butter pecan ice cream, and 840 calories
6. Krispy Kreme makes whole wheat donuts! at 180 calories, it almost halfs a blueberry cake donut (330 calories)
7. One slice of Meatsa Pizza from Little Caesars has 670 calories. (I’ve eaten a large to myself.)
8. The quarter pounder from Mcdonald’s has less calories/fat/sodium than the Premium Grilled chicken club.
9. A blackforest ham, egg and cheddar breakfast sandwich from Starbucks is better for you than a Bran Muffin with nuts
10. A 6 inch double roast beef sub from subway has 1/5th of the fat that a 6 inch tuna sub has.
And the most ridiculous of the bunch doesn’t actually come from this book, but from this month’s Men’s Health issue.
A “Gotta Have it” PB & C milkshake from Coldstone has more calories than A DOZEN ice cream sandwiches, and more saturated fat than 20 ORDERS OF LARGE FRIES FROM MCDONALDS.
This book is awesome. everyone should have it.
Based on a 2000 calorie diet, your Recommended Daily Intake is as follows:
(for those who dont already know)
|Total Fat||65 g|
|Saturated Fatty Acids||20 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g|